Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Easiest Chicken Pot Pie You'll Ever Make

I'm back with some new recipes and reviews for you! I hadn't initially planned on using this recipe as a blog post, but my husband requested this dish the other day and I realized I haven't made it in a while...but why? It's one of the easiest and tastiest dishes I know of and ANYONE can make it. 

I didn't think it fair to keep it all to myself, so, for this new edition of "Try It" Tuesday, I present to you:

Now this dish has been in my repertoire for many years. It was given to me by a coworker when the hubs and I were dating. It is a favorite in our home and I hope it becomes a new favorite for you. 
It's very simple and can be changed up to suit any palate.

Here's how I make it:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
(you can use a rotisserie chicken if you're short on time)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1- 16 oz. can VegAll

For the topping:
1 stick butter (melted)
1 c. flour
1 c. buttermilk

Place the chicken and soup in a slow cooker and season with a little salt and pepper.
Cook on low for 4 hours or until juices run clear.
Mix chicken and soup with a hand mixer on low to shred chicken:

Drain the can of VegAll, fold it in the chicken mixture and pour it in a 9x9 baking dish.

Make the topping:
Mix the melted butter, flour and buttermilk together until well blended. Pour over the chicken mixture:

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until the breading is golden brown.
Yum!

Be sure to let it cool for a bit, because this stuff will burn your face off it's so hot!
As I said, this recipe is so versatile. You can add boiled eggs or chopped onions or any veggies you may have left over in the fridge, but whatever you do, you don't want to mess with the topping!
This stuff is amazing! It tastes just like the best buttermilk biscuit you've ever put in your mouth. 
Too bad it's too runny to make a good biscuit. I'm still working on it, though.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment